TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - less than a month and I have to tear her down again
People Seeking Info

Subject less than a month and I have to tear her down again

Posted by LivinTheDream on January 21, 2009 at 10:05 PM
  This message has been viewed 1126 times.

Message It hasnt even been a month yet and I havent even drove it yet except for tonight (to say i did) and my car is already on dry dock again. Ok on monday i had topped off my coolent and even put to much. After looking under the car I noticed that coolent was not only coming from under the reservoir but also from the front of the trans (rear of engine). After looking and inspecting all of the hoses I see that it was actually spraying out from the back of the engine somewhere between the heads and not a leaking hose like i thought. From there it hit the firewall and top of tranny and thus dripping down. So i go and get some BARS Block Seal cuz God knows i dont wanna tear the engine back down. So today I start her up and instead of coolent, oil is spurting out (WHAT). After talking it over with dad (who assisted greatly in the rebuild) we concluded that the head gasket must have gotten nicked when trying to seat the head (had to take it off twice). When I touch the gas I hear the steam poping out of the hole so there is this "poof poof poof poof poof poof" sound. And now its officall that my d side turbo is shot to hell and the p side is trying to catch up. Here are some pics and if anyone has any other conclusions as to wat the problem is PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
Spray on fire wall and water pipe

Coolent and oil dripping down the trans

That only took i think less than a minute while idle

Turbo Leaking

[IMG]http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo237/twinturbo872/DSCN0824.jpg[/IMG]

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.